Sunday, August 15, 2010
Galing Foundation, Inc. (GFI) 2010 Mission Trip to evaluate the development of the public library for Barangay Maligo
GFI started sending educational resource materials for public use of this Barangay since later part of 2008 as an offshoot of the assistance to the Maligo Elementary School. The barangay council is very supportive and active in the project implementation to the point that they wanted to have a public library that can be accessed by all college students and other interested individuals doing research even during the weekends.Because of this partnership, the Barangay got a provincial award for best practices in the province.
Resource materials needed are the following:
1. Accountancy books
2. Nursing, Pharmacy or other medical books
3. Dictionaries, encyclopedia
4. National Geographic Magazines
5. Time Magazine (they are the only Barangay in South Cotabato that has been receiving issues of Time Magazine along with books shipment)
6. Economics books
7. Geographical books, Maps
8. Travel Magazines
9. Globe that they could place in their public library
Thanks so much for Barangay Council of Maligo for the support to GFI library development project implementation in Maligo covering the elementary school, the day care school and the public library.